GUIDANCE FOR PARENTS –
HOW TO HELP YOUR SON SELECT A TROOP
Know that everyone here at Troop 44 is eager to welcome your son and walk along the Scouting Trail by his side. As a parent, it can be difficult to help your son select the unit that is right for him and for you. Every Troop in Lititz offers a high quality Scouting program. The following are some questions we have found useful in making the decision among them:
- Which Troop has a meeting night that best suits my schedule?
- Which Troop has Scouts that I already know?
- Which Troop made me feel the most welcome?
- Which Troop is the right size for my personality?
- Which Troop is close to my house?
- Which Troop is affiliated with my church?
- Which Troop has a list of events that appeals to me most?
- Which Troop has active Scouts of all ages?
- Which Troop offers the most opportunity for me to develop leadership skills?
- Which Troop has won the Lititz Camporee more years than any other unit?
Here are some links to helpful webpages about this topic: